Robotics in Artificial Intelligence Session
Robots are increasingly used in various application domains. Nowadays are met in factories, hospitals, households, army, etc. This gives rise to new technological challenges and significant research opportunities in developing robots.
The main goal of this session is to show the robotic research and development of new applications. It will also explore the future of robotics with Artificial Intelligence looking for synergies and new promising ideas.
Topics of the special session include but are not limited to:
- Autonomous robotic systems
- Robot localization, mapping, exploration, and navigation
- Multi-agent systems (MAS) theory
- Human-robot interaction
- Multi-robot systems
- Coordination and cooperation
- Distributed control architectures
- Real-world applications of MAS
- Self-adaptation and learning
- Artificial perception and computer vision
- Field robotic applications
- Evolutionary robotics and swarm robotics
- Humanoid robots
- Social and service robotics
- Entertainment and educational robots
- Micro and nano robotics
- Simulation and programming tools for MAS
- Robotics in education
Reviewing Process, expected number of participants
The size of the special session will depend on the number of submissions. A typical duration of the special session would require a half-day program. Participants can submit their work to the special session chairs. Papers will be reviewed at least by two reviewers.
Special Session Chairs
- Panos Trahanias, Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Crete
- Evangelos Dermatas, Associate Professor, Telecommunications & Information Technology, Patras University
- Ergina Kavallieratou, Associate Professor, Information and Communication Systems Engineering, University of the Aegean
All original paper submissions will be handled electronically via the Easy-Chair conference management system at the following address: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=setn2018
The submitted papers will be peer-reviewed on the basis of technical quality, relevance to the topics of the special session, originality, significance, and clarity. Note that submitted papers should have neither been published nor submitted for publication elsewhere.
In order to prepare their manuscripts, authors should follow the ACM SIG Proceedings guidelines, available at: http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html
Two types of submissions are accepted for the special session:
- full papers (6-10 pages)
- short papers (2-4 pages).
All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings, regardless their length.
Submitting a paper to the special session means that in case of acceptance, at least one author is required to fully register for the conference in order for the paper to be included in the proceedings. Moreover, it is expected that at least one author will attend the special session to present the paper.
Paper submission deadline: February 25, 2018
Author Notification: March 19, 2018
Camera Ready Paper Submission Deadline: April 15, 2018
Special Session Dates: to be announced
Conference Dates: July9-13, 2018
The proceedings of the special session will be included in the conference proceedings, which will be published by ACM (International Conference Proceedings Series) and will be available through the ACM Digital Library.