Intelligent Biomedical Systems and Applications
Recent advances in computing, archiving and communication technologies have resulted in an outbreak of available biomedical data of multiple heterogeneous sources. Processing, data mining and rendering of meaningful information has become a challenge of interdisciplinary nature. Moreover, the significant advances in computational medicine add one more dimension of information to be analyzed, related to the simulated evaluation of deterministic or stochastic computational models.
The scope of the special session is to provide a platform for new ideas, achievements and implementations in the field of intelligent biomedical systems and applications. Researchers are invited to submit their work following the same schedule as for the main SETN 2018 conference.
Topics of the special session include but are not limited to:
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Biomedical Imaging and Image Processing
- Biomedical Data Mining
- Computational Systems & Synthetic Biology
- Multiscale Modeling
- Neural and Rehabilitation Engineering
- Biomedical Sensors and Wearable Systems
- Bio-Robotics and Biomechanics
- Therapeutic and Diagnostic Systems and Technologies
- Biomedical and Health Informatics
Reviewing Process, expected number of participants
The size of the special session will depend on the number of submissions. A typical duration of the special session would require a half-day program. Participants can submit their work to the special session chairs. Papers will be reviewed at least by two reviewers.
Special Session Chairs
- Konstantinos Moustakas, Associate Professor, University of Patras
- Vasileios Megalooikonomou, Professor, University of Patras
- Christos Makris, Associate Professor, University of Patras
Special Session technical program committee
- Nicolas Pallikarakis, Professor
- Despoina Deligianni, Associate Professor
- George Sakellaropoulos, Associate Professor
- Konstantinos Votis, Senior Researcher
- Dimitrios Tsaopoulos, Senior Researcher
- Aris Lalos, Senior Researcher
- Otilia Kocsis, Senior Researcher
- Dimitar Stanev, Researcher
- Emil Valchinov, Senior Researcher
- Konstantinos Gyftopoulos, Associate Professor
- Viki Bravou, Assistant Professor
- Sofia Daskalaki, Assistant Professor
All original paper submissions will be handled electronically via the Easy-Chair conference management system at the following address: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=setn2018
The submitted papers will be peer-reviewed on the basis of technical quality, relevance to the topics of the special session, originality, significance, and clarity. Note that submitted papers should have neither been published nor submitted for publication elsewhere.
In order to prepare their manuscripts, authors should follow the ACM SIG Proceedings guidelines, available at: http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html
Two types of submissions are accepted for the special session:
- full papers (6-10 pages)
- short papers (2-4 pages).
All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings, regardless their length.
Submitting a paper to the special session means that in case of acceptance, at least one author is required to fully register for the conference in order for the paper to be included in the proceedings. Moreover, it is expected that at least one author will attend the special session to present the paper.
Paper submission deadline: February 25, 2018
Author Notification: March 19, 2018
Camera Ready Paper Submission Deadline: April 15, 2018
Special Session Dates: to be announced
Conference Dates: July 9-12, 2018
The proceedings of the special session will be included in the conference proceedings, which will be published by ACM (International Conference Proceedings Series) and will be available through the ACM Digital Library.