Call for Papers
The 10th Hellenic Conference on Artificial Intelligence (SETN’18) will be held in Patras, Greece on July 9-12, 2018. SETN’18 is organized by the Hellenic Artificial Intelligence Society (EETN) in collaboration with the University of Patras.
The Hellenic Conference on Artificial Intelligence has been established in 2000 as one of the most prominent forums for Greek and International AI scientists to present original and high-quality research on emergent topics of AI. The official language is English and international participation is highly encouraged.
The conference invites high quality, unpublished submissions on any area of Artificial Intelligence, from fundamental sciences to applied technologies. The conference aims to:
- bring together AI researchers, to promote knowledge dissemination and collaborations,
- inform students about the current state of the art in topics related to AI,
- promote research results to companies and facilitate the development of innovative products.
The topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- AI Applications
- Ambient Intelligence
- Biomedical Data Analysis
- Brain Informatics
- Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
- Cognitive Modeling
- Constraint Programming
- Decision Support
- Deep Learning
- Game Theory
- Games and Interactive Entertainment
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Retrieval, Integration and Extraction
- Internet of Things
- Knowledge Acquisition and Ontologies
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Multi-Agent Systems
- Multimedia Content Analysis
- Natural Language Processing
- Neural Networks
- Perception and Sensing
- Planning and Scheduling
- Probabilistic and uncertain reasoning
- Recommender Systems
- Robotics and Assistive Technologies
- Search and Optimization
- Speech Recognition
- Semantic Web, Ontologies and Linked Open Data
- Smart Environments
- Text Mining
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Web Intelligence
SETN 2018 will take place at the Conference and Cultural Center of the University of Patras, located in Patras University Campus in the suburb of Rio, 7 Km east of the city of Patras.
Program – Invited Speakers
The program of SETN 2018 will include 2 or 3 talks from distinguished, European and US AI researchers. Workshops, Tutorials and Special Sessions are also planned as part of the conference.
The following awards will be given at a special session of SETN 2018:
- Best Paper Award
- Best Student Paper Award
All original submissions will be considered for the Best Paper Award, while those with a student as the first author will be also considered for the Best Student Paper Award.
Paper Submission – Proceedings
All original paper submissions will be handled electronically via the Easy-Chair conference management system at the following address: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=setn2018
The proceedings of the conference will be published by ACM (International Conference Proceedings Series) and will be available through the ACM Digital Library. Moreover, extended versions of selected best papers will be considered for possible publication in a special issue of an AI Journal.
The submitted papers will be peer-reviewed on the basis of technical quality, relevance to the topics of the conference, originality, significance, and clarity. Note that submitted papers should have neither been published nor submitted for publication elsewhere.
In order to prepare their manuscripts, authors should follow the ACM SIG Proceedings guidelines, available at: http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html
SETN 2018 accepts submissions of two types:
- full papers (6-10 pages)
- short papers (2-4 pages).
All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings.
Submitting a paper to the conference means that in case of acceptance, at least one author is required to fully register for the conference in order for the paper to be included in the proceedings. Moreover, it is expected that at least one author will attend the conference to present the paper.
- Paper Submission Deadline: February 10, 2018
- Author Notification: March 19, 2018
- Camera Ready Paper Submission Deadline: April 15, 2018
- Conference Dates: July 9-12, 2018
Conference General Chairs
- Nikos Fakotakis, University of Patras, Greece
- Vasilis Megalooikonomou, University of Patras, Greece
- Vassilis Plagianakos, University of Thessaly, Greece (EETN Chairperson)
Program Committee Chairs
- Ioannis Hatzilygeroudis, University of Patras, Greece
- Christos Makris, University of Patras, Greece
- Conference Website: http://setn2018.upatras.gr/
- Contact for general inquires: firstname.lastname@example.org (Nikos Fakotakis, University of Patras)
- Original PDF version of cfp: http://setn2018.upatras.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SETN2018-1stCallforPapers.pdf