International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Educational Technologies (AIEDT-18)
With the current technological innovations, educational systems constitute an important medium in education landscape. Artificial intelligence (AI) can have a substantial impact and greatly enhance the effectiveness and the performance of educational systems. The objective of the workshop is to bring together academic scientists and researchers to exchange and share their experiences and results on all aspects related to the application of artificial intelligent methods and techniques in educational systems. The workshop aims to become a forum for exchanging ideas among researchers who deal with the design and formulation of intelligent methods and techniques and their integration in learning systems. The workshop covers a wide range of topics related to educational systems, including methodologies, technologies, empirical and experimental studies.
Topics of Interest include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Artificial Intelligence in Education
- Adaptation and Personalization Methods
- Agents and Agent based Learning Environments
- Big data analytics for e-Learning
- Course Design and innovative e-Learning Curricula
- Data Mining & Knowledge Discovery
- Educational Recommender Systems
- Serious Games and Gamification
- E-assessment Tools and Assessment in Scale
- Intelligent Tutoring Systems
- Learning Analytics and Educational Data Mining
- Multimodal Interaction in Educational Systems
- Personalization and adaptation methods and techniques
- Robotics in Education
- Semantic web Technologies in Education
- Social Media in e-learning
- Ubiquitous Learning
- User Modeling and Behavior Analysis
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
Workshop Organizers & Chairs
- Ioannis Hatzilygeroudis, Professor, University of Patras
- Foteini Grivokostopoulou, Post-Doctoral Researcher, University of Patras
- Isidoros Perikos, Post-Doctoral Researcher, University of Patras
Workshop program committee
Papers should be submitted to the Workshop via the main conference submission system at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=setn2018. Papers length should be from 4 to 10 pages.
The submitted papers will be peer-reviewed based on relevance to the topics of the workshop, technical quality, originality and clarity.
To prepare their manuscripts, authors should follow the ACM SIG Proceedings guidelines, available at: http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html.
In case of acceptance of a paper, at least one author is required to fully register for the conference for the paper to be included in the proceedings. Moreover, it is expected that at least one author will attend the workshop and present the paper.
Paper submission deadline: March 15, 2018
Author Notification: March 25, 2018
Camera Ready Deadline: April 15, 2018
All accepted papers will be included in the workshop electronic proceedings to be published in the CEUR database (http://ceur-ws.org/).